– Early edition… please read this post before pre-registering for races on BikeReg.com.
– Most races open for reg today at 9am on BikeReg with the exception of Campton, Melas Park Basin’ Racin, Indian Lakes, & Montrose. Our race directors still have to cross a few t’s and dot a few i’s on their USAC permits. We hope to open reg for all of these events soon. Yes, of course we’ll let you know here and on the twits.
– Please update your BikeReg rider profile with, at the very least, your USAC license number. No, pending is not a valid license number. Even if you are racing on a One Day license and had an annual USAC license in the past, make sure that number is in your profile. If you forget what your license number is, go here, and type in your last name, then a comma, then your first initial. This helps us out more than you can imagine. Thanks!!!
– Regardless of what nickname, team name, etc you use in BikeReg we match your license number to the information in the USAC rider database, so the place to make sure your team name is correct is there. Get on it!
– USAC added a Men Category 5 to CX this season, so if you have a Y chromosome and are brand new to CX you’ll be racing Cat 5. Masters, Juniors, and Single Speed are all open category, meaning anyone from Cat 1 to Cat 5 can race in these fields.
– The downside to the new Cat 5 is that if you raced as a Cat 4 last year on One Day licenses you’ll likely need to have an annual license this year. Please make it easier on everyone and apply for your annual license here on USACycling.org.
– Remember we stage by CrossResults.com points at Jackson Park. For the love of all that is green and good on this earth, please search for yourself on on CrossResults.com and make sure all of your results are there.
– Reg is open for Patriot CX .
– Reg is also open for the Trek CXC Cup in Waterloo, WI on 9/21 and 9/22. This is the former USGP Madison race (but a new venue) and just happens to take place the weekend before the CCC series kicks off in Jackson Park. Head behind the Cheddar Curtain, watch some pros, maybe get on TV, and prep yourself for our local series. Staging is done by order of registration.
– And finally… What’s the one thing about the CCC you can’t live without? We want to know! Please leave your comments below…