– Additional details can always be found on the preview page.
– Food: For all pre-registered racers, BBVP has once again graciously contracted a grill master – this year it’s Moe’s Onsite Catering, Inc. – who will be grilling free Mild Italian Sausage, Bratwurst, and Vegetarian Links. BBVP is paying for all of this food… so preregister and ENJOY! Tickets for your choices will once again be attached to your bib #’s. Do not lose them as you will need them to retrieve your food! Additional sandwiches are available for purchase on BikeReg.com. Please preorder for friends and family! Day of extras to purchase will cost more and be limited. There will again be a tip jar (for those that like to tip and enjoy the eats) near the grill and tips will be put towards the BBVP team and the team’s Junior Development.
– New this year, BBVP has hired One2Go Event Services (@One2Go_Results) for professional timing and results. All preregistered riders (with valid email addresses included in their BikeReg profiles) will receive race results and lap times for their race via email. Riders must be preregistered to enjoy this feature. **Please remember the emails are informational only.** As always, results are a rider’s responsibility to check ONSITE and any questions regarding them are to be made timely and in person to your Chief Judge.
– Ted Berger and his crew will once again be hosting a kids’ race! Reg at 1:30, racing at 2pm.
– Series sponsor NovaCare Rehabilitation will have physical therapists (and CCC participants) on site providing complimentary injury screens. Get that training injury, crash injury or non-cycling related injury checked out or stop by for more information on our bike fitting services and physical therapy services. Look for the green NovaCare tent from 10:00am – 1:00pm.
– Water: BBVP will NOT be supplying water. There are two water fountains on site, but hydration by riders should be planned for by bringing fluids with.
– Safety Pins: The CCC supplies pins for riders but we ask that riders recycle their pins and use them each week. We also ask that if you forget pins, that you only take the 4-5 needed, not small handfuls that would take care of 2-3 other riders.
– Parking: Parking is free, and the best spots are off of the 8500 S Western Ave entrance to the park… follow parking lot to the South.
– The Chicago Marathon is being run on Sunday so please plan your travel times to and from the race accordingly.
– Online pre-registration on BikeReg.com closes TONIGHT at 11:45 PM. Please remember on-site registration closes 30 minutes prior to each race’s scheduled start time. All bib #’s must be picked up prior to registration closing so please be timely and considerate to all those you race with and don’t show up 20 minutes before your race expecting to still get in.
– Weather looks great with 100% chance of awesome.
– The Course: Runs clockwise. The course will once again be offering a little something for everyone. It will have straight power sections, hills (big), technical turn sections, and the infamous bunny hop barriers will be back – although spread out on the course this year! Energy management will be key! Bring your awesomeness! Oh, and bib numbers go on your left SIDE!