Tuesday CCC Updates
- Thanks to Rob Curtis and his entire PSIMET crew for another hilly and fun PSI-clocross for Life event.
- Up next, the CCC heads to the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) hosted by the South Chicago Wheelmen for the 2nd of two double weekends in the series. Online pre-reg is split between two events on BikeReg and closes tomorrow night (Wednesday) for both events, so do it now. Details are forthcoming concerning any festivities at the Cave Bar Saturday night.
- Just a reminder for everyone (looking at you Cat 4′s & 5′s) that if your bib # is high up on your back the officials can’t see it from the scoring tent. The officials want to score you in the race just as much as you want to see your result, so please help them out and pin your bib # to the side panel of your jersey/skinsuit.
- Chris Henning and Melas CX are looking for a few volunteers to help out with their race on 11/24/13. Volunteers race for free & lunch is provided. If you are interested please sign-up on this page: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0B45ACA6292-melas2
- Online pre-reg is now open for the two days of Montrose Harbor. Looking to make a weekend out of the State Championship event? Ten27 Cycling Club and Spidermonkey Cycling have secured some hotel deals for everyone:
- City Suites Hotel at 933 W. Belmont Avenue, Chicago, 60657. Call 773.404.3400 and mention the group code “CYCLO” for a rate of $109 per night, plus tax, for a room with a queen size bed. A room with two double beds or a king bed will be $139. The City Suites hotel offers complimentary continental breakfast, wireless internet, and many other amenities. Nearby parking is $22 per night with 24-hour in and out privileges. Check-in at 3:00, check-out at 11:00, early check-in or late check-out can be arranged for an additional $30. 48 hour cancellation. More at chicagocitysuites.com. Hotel is 2.5 miles south of the race venue.
- Heart O’ Chicago Motel at 5990 N. Ridge Avenue, Chicago, 60660. Call 773.271.9181, please mention that you’re attending the Illinois State Cyclocross Championships at Montrose Harbor. Rates are $79 per night, plus tax, for a double bed, $87 per night for two double beds or a king bed. This motel is a more basic alternative for the more budget minded, but still includes complimentary continental breakfast, wireless internet, and parking. More at heartochicago.com. Motel is 3 miles north of the race venue.
- 2013 Series sponsor NovaCare Rehabilitation is a physical therapy provider with clinics throughout Chicago and the suburbs. Our therapists specialize in treating sports injuries and orthopedic conditions. In addition to our physical therapy services, our Andersonville clinic offers bike fits by a physical therapist (and CCC participant.) All of our clinics offer complimentary injury screens to help you figure out what to do about your aches and pains. Look for us at an upcoming race offering complimentary injury screens on site. Visit www.novacare.com/chicagoland to find the clinic nearest you.
- And finally… another request from our USAC officials… most CX courses are 1.5 to 2 miles in length. There’s plenty of room for you out on course to spit, blow snot-rockets, etc. Please don’t do it right in front of the officials tent where high winds can blow your spray… or better yet, save it for later.