– Today is the Autumnal Equinox, so we guess CX really is here!
– Congrats to everyone who raced, spectated, cliniced, and generally had a bunch of fun at the Trek CXC Cup this past weekend. Full results are here.
– Up this weekend the 2014 Chicago Cyclocross Cup kicks off at Caldwell Woods with our hosts xXx Racing-Athletico. Look for the course preview on Thursday morning and more info here on the preview page. Several categories are already filled but you can still get on the online waitlist which is used first on race day.
– Before the race make sure your USAC annual license is renewed. Remember, only Men Cat 5 and Women Cat 4‘s (all age groups) can race on a One Day license. Plastic license are also sooo 2011 so install the USAC app on your mobile device.
– Speaking of USAC licenses… we’ve asked many times in the past so this is the last time we’ll mention it. Please make sure your BikeReg.com rider profile is up to date and correct with your USAC license number. No, “Pending” is not a valid license number. We will not be cleaning up license numbers before races as we have in the past so if you want to be scored properly please update those rider profiles. Thanks!
– Next week the CCC heads West to Dekalb, IL for Hopkins Park. A few quick notes:
- Kid’s race at 2PM!
- Dave’s Slow Foods will be back, with veg offerings. More menu info soon.
- One2Go Services will be there and recording times, so check that your email address is correct in BikeReg
- Hopkins Park is a Single Speed Cyclocross World Championship 2014 “Golden Ticket” race! First man and woman in the SS category win a free entry into the race! More details at http://sscxwc14ky.com/raceinfo
– From our friends up North… “Once again, BelgianWerkx is proud to hosting the Grafton PumpkinCross race held on Saturday October 11, 2014 at Lime Kiln Park in Grafton, Wisconsin. Last year we had a number of Chicago area racers join us and provide fierce competition throughout all categories. We would like to extend a $5 “tollway” discount to all Illinois riders who pre-register using the link https://www.usacycling.org/register/2014-2846 and enter “IL” in the coupon code area. So signup, climb the sledding hill, slalom your way back down, grab a slice from the food truck and slam your podium beer! We’ve got it all at PumpkinCross!”
– And finally… Lagunitas and Village-Verdigris Cycling have partnered up for 2014. VVCycling and Lagunitas will be providing beer (typically larger growlers) for the adult podiums throughout the season. They started with the xXx Relay CX and will continue the donations through the end of the season. VVC’s way of bringing a little more cheer to the CCC. Based in Petaluma, California, Lagunitas opened a new state of the art brewery in Chicago, making it the largest craft brewer in town (1.6 million barrel, 300,000 square feet). This new facility includes the TapRoom, which offers a great view of the brewery while sipping craft beers and enjoying some good food.