Real quick… The Friends of Big Marsh crowdfunding campaign ends THIS Friday night! If you haven’t yet participated, it’s not too late to get on board to help build Chicago’s FIRST URBAN BIKE PARK!! So many great options to show your support – check it out! http://igg.me/at/bigmarsh
- See general info on the preview page here.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here. Numbers on the LEFT!
- First and foremost, alcohol is prohibited in Hopkins Park so please respect that DeKalb Park District policy.
- Dave’s Slow Food will be out all day with BBQ and vegan chili.
- Alexandra Barnes from Morning Bird Studio will be out to help with post race stretching.
- Heritage Bicycles will be there with coffee and their cool RV as well as Other Brother Coffee.
- Our friends at Podiumwear are coming down from MN.
- First Aid is next to Officials Tent at Start/Finish.
- One2Go REvent Services will be keeping lap times and emailing results. Watch actual live results on LiveLynxResults here.
- Comrade Cycles takes pity on the Cat 4/5’s and is kicking in swag for the top 3 finishers in that race
- Kiddie Cross at 2pm! Parents need to sign an Axletree waiver. Ages 10 and under. 5 age groups: 2 and under, 3-4y/o, 5-6y/o, 7-8y/o, 9-10y/o.
- Sorry in advance for any confusion we may have caused at
CaldwellLabagh Woods but the Single Speed category will start two minutes before the Jr 15-18. Slower single speeders, please make way for the fast juniors in a way that does not affect their race.
- The course: similar figure-8 as in previous years but we get out to the tennis courts again. The course will run clockwise (except for the small loop around the flyover), same as the past couple years, but using some sections of the park we haven’t used in years. The course designers are going all UCI and having a paved start, so there will be no parking on the dead end road that goes back to the baseball diamonds. The flyover is back for it’s last race, at Hopkins Park anyway. So if you haven’t experienced the first, and now only, flyover in the CCC you won’t want to miss it this year. Equipment Pit access is shortly after coming down the flyover and again shortly after the finish line.