Tuesday CCC Updates
December 1, 2015
- We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday weekend with their family, friends, pets, bikes, trails, etc.
- Speaking of being thankful, thank you to everyone who donated their race entry fees for the cancelled Melas CX event to the series donation causes; Big Marsh, West Town Bikes and Blackstone Bicycle Works. We’ll have a final total cash dollar amount number to announce hopefully next week.
- Its now the first week of December, so that means its
sweeps states week. The final race of the Chicago Cyclocross Cup powered by SRAM series and the Illinois State Cyclo-cross Championships are this coming Sunday at Montrose Harbor in downtown Chicago. Looks for the course preview on Thursday at the normal time, but in the meantime check out the info on the static preview page, especially the section concerning IL State Champion requirements.
- But CX racing is not over here in Chicagoland. The Chicago Cuttin’ Crew helps us finish out the year and helps Chicago area youth cycling programs West Town Bikes and Blackstone Bicycle Works with Afterglow – A Cyclocross Race on Saturday 12/19/15. And as if you needed another reason to race your CX bike again, this year the (other) CCC introduces Grudge Match.
- A few riders have already clinched their CCC overall titles, and we’ll calculate the final standings for all categories on Sunday at Montrose, but awards for all categories will be distributed on Sunday 12/20/15 at the CCC awards party at EJ’s Place.
- And finally… the #PutaRingonIt challenge by Spidermonkey Cycling is down to the final week of fundraising before Montrose! Half Acre and PSIMET have stepped up to the plate .. will your team? Go to http://bigmarsh.causevox.com/ and get started now! For more information, contact [email protected].