CCC Tuesday Updates – 20181211
December 11, 2018
- Looks like Afterglow was a another success with lots of fun racing and it all going to several great causes. Also, the Slurpee podium “medals” were fantastic. Not that they really matter, but results are here. Thanks to everyone who raced and came out to support Blackstone Bikes and West Town Bikes.
- Speaking of, we’re still tallying all the donations made through the season and will make our series donation to Blackstone Bikes, West Town Bikes & Big Marsh before the end of the year. THANK YOU to everyone who donated to such worthy causes.
- Several Chicago area riders also traveled up to WI the day before on Saturday to race at the Midwest Regional CX Championships and brought home jerseys. Congrats to Jordan Austin (Jr Women 15-18), Danny Warner (Masters 55+), & Jacob Huizenga (Single Speed). Full results are here.
- The Chicagoland CX season is done for the year, but there’s still one big race left. USAC CX National Championships start today (Tuesday) in Louisville, KY. Good luck to everyone traveling to race. We’ll try to keep up with results on Twitter and retweet results with CCC participants on the podium. Kenny has already put together a crib sheet of riders and start times in the comments here.
- Speaking of being done, congrats to all the riders who earned their USAC CX category upgrades. Yes, we see all those and we’re excited to see several riders upgrading right after Montrose. Good luck and we’ll see you in the next category in 2019. Kenny is already writing his race commentary notes.
- Speaking of next season, please keep those comments & suggestions emails coming. We can’t promise we’ll make all the changes everyone wants, but we want to hear from you.
- And finally… Please mark you calendars for Saturday January 12th around 6pm when we’ll be having the our Series Awards Party. We’re finally finalizing the final details but we’re changing things up this year with a new date, time, location, and less formal format so more people can attend. No tickets, no dinner, but still the same good company, conversation, and cheer. And of course cow bells, clean jerseys, and awards for our series winners and door prizes even if you didn’t win an overall jersey. More details to come next week.