- The CCC returns this weekend to Hopkins Park in Dekalb, IL. Online pre-reg closes tonight on BikeReg. Still plenty of room in all categories.
- Sorry for any confusion we may have caused at Labagh Woods but the Single Speed category will start before the Jr 15-18 at Hopkins and for the rest of the series. Slower single speeders, please make way for the fast juniors in a way that does not affect their race.
- Be on the lookout for all those Pactimo Series Leader Jerseys that Kenny Labbe awarded a few weeks back at Labagh Woods.
- Speaking of wearables, Comrade Cycles will be selling limited edition Hopkins CX t-shirts as well. Men’s and women’s sizes will be available.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here. Numbers (always) on the LEFT!
- Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED at Hopkins Park. Please respect this DeKalb Park District policy.
- Dave’s Slow Food will be rollin’ in hot and heavy with BBQ and vegan chili so pack your appetite.
Other Brother and Heritage will have coffee for you in the morning.
- One2Go Event Services will be keeping lap times and emailing results with live results onLiveLynxResults here.
- Kiddie Cross at 2pm! Parents need to sign a waiver. Ages 10 and under. 5 age groups: 2 and under, 3-4y/o, 5-6y/o, 7-8y/o, 9-10y/o.
Do Not drive on the grass.
No Parking in the parking spaces right by the playground, see map. No Parking in the lot right outside the shelter where registration is, see map.
Use the park entrance that is south of the light at East Dresser Road, you will not be able to get through the park on East Dresser Road because the course crosses it.
There are three large parking lots highlighted on the map. You can park along side the road where you see the white pylons.
Other Brother Coffee and Comrade Cycles Racing have teamed up to provide separate payouts for the Cat 3 Women in the Women 1/2/3 race following the same payout schedule as the Men Cat 3 race.
- The course: Runs clockwise. Plenty of flow with not a ton of changes from years past… with the notable exception that the CCC’s original flyover is gone and moved on to greener pastures (read: Michigan). Course designer and race director Josh Arends is also taking us through the SouthEastern portion of the park where we’ve never raced before. Quadruple the number of barriers from last year (there will be four including a telephone pole) and the classic hill is out.
Real quick… The Friends of Big Marsh crowdfunding campaign ends THIS Friday night! If you haven’t yet participated, it’s not too late to get on board to help build Chicago’s FIRST URBAN BIKE PARK!! So many great options to show your support – check it out! http://igg.me/at/bigmarsh
- See general info on the preview page here.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here. Numbers on the LEFT!
- First and foremost, alcohol is prohibited in Hopkins Park so please respect that DeKalb Park District policy.
- Dave’s Slow Food will be out all day with BBQ and vegan chili.
- Alexandra Barnes from Morning Bird Studio will be out to help with post race stretching.
- Heritage Bicycles will be there with coffee and their cool RV as well as Other Brother Coffee.
- Our friends at Podiumwear are coming down from MN.
- First Aid is next to Officials Tent at Start/Finish.
- One2Go REvent Services will be keeping lap times and emailing results. Watch actual live results on LiveLynxResults here.
- Comrade Cycles takes pity on the Cat 4/5’s and is kicking in swag for the top 3 finishers in that race
- Kiddie Cross at 2pm! Parents need to sign an Axletree waiver. Ages 10 and under. 5 age groups: 2 and under, 3-4y/o, 5-6y/o, 7-8y/o, 9-10y/o.
- Sorry in advance for any confusion we may have caused at
CaldwellLabagh Woods but the Single Speed category will start two minutes before the Jr 15-18. Slower single speeders, please make way for the fast juniors in a way that does not affect their race.
- The course: similar figure-8 as in previous years but we get out to the tennis courts again. The course will run clockwise (except for the small loop around the flyover), same as the past couple years, but using some sections of the park we haven’t used in years. The course designers are going all UCI and having a paved start, so there will be no parking on the dead end road that goes back to the baseball diamonds. The flyover is back for it’s last race, at Hopkins Park anyway. So if you haven’t experienced the first, and now only, flyover in the CCC you won’t want to miss it this year. Equipment Pit access is shortly after coming down the flyover and again shortly after the finish line.