– Parking: The course crosses the road so it will be closed to through traffic. There are three parking lots in the park. One of them will be accessible from the park entrance at the stop light, East Dresser Rd. The other two will only be accessible from the other park entrance just West of the light. Should all the parking in the park be taken up there is a lot on the other side of Sycamore Rd. with a pedestrian tunnel that brings you back into the park. Please see the map below.
– Staging: Remember for the rest of the season only the front row is staged by CCC series points. Everyone else is staged by CrossResults points. Answers to all of your questions are in our FAQ here.
– Preliminary staging will be posted here tomorrow.
– Kids’ Races: 8 years old and under at 2:15pm, during the Men Cat 1/2/3 race.
– T-shirts are still available on BikeReg, but going fast. Proceeds to Blackstone Bicycle Works.
– Payout for the separately scored Single Speed Women in the race. $150 – 5 places.
– Food: Dave’s Slow Food will be onsite all day.
– Alcohol is prohibited in Hopkins Park.
– “The Union Cycling Team is collecting equipment donations for Blackstone Bicycle Works this weekend at the race. Please bring your extra helmets, winter gear, tires (especially for CX!), and tools to anybody in a Union Cycling Team jersey. Please bag your items, and include a note with your name and email address on it. For more information on the great program at Blackstone Bicycle Works, please visit https://
– The Course: Race director and course designer Josh Arends changes things up a bit this year. As is typical of Hopkins Park, expect the track to be fast and flowy but with 2 barrier sections and a log jump to slow you down a little bit.
- The CCC returns this weekend to Hopkins Park in Dekalb, IL. Online pre-reg closes tonight on BikeReg. Still plenty of room in all categories.
- Sorry for any confusion we may have caused at Labagh Woods but the Single Speed category will start before the Jr 15-18 at Hopkins and for the rest of the series. Slower single speeders, please make way for the fast juniors in a way that does not affect their race.
- Be on the lookout for all those Pactimo Series Leader Jerseys that Kenny Labbe awarded a few weeks back at Labagh Woods.
- Speaking of wearables, Comrade Cycles will be selling limited edition Hopkins CX t-shirts as well. Men’s and women’s sizes will be available.
- Preliminary staging will be posted here. Numbers (always) on the LEFT!
- Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED at Hopkins Park. Please respect this DeKalb Park District policy.
- Dave’s Slow Food will be rollin’ in hot and heavy with BBQ and vegan chili so pack your appetite.
Other Brother and Heritage will have coffee for you in the morning.
- One2Go Event Services will be keeping lap times and emailing results with live results onLiveLynxResults here.
- Kiddie Cross at 2pm! Parents need to sign a waiver. Ages 10 and under. 5 age groups: 2 and under, 3-4y/o, 5-6y/o, 7-8y/o, 9-10y/o.
Do Not drive on the grass.
No Parking in the parking spaces right by the playground, see map. No Parking in the lot right outside the shelter where registration is, see map.
Use the park entrance that is south of the light at East Dresser Road, you will not be able to get through the park on East Dresser Road because the course crosses it.
There are three large parking lots highlighted on the map. You can park along side the road where you see the white pylons.
Other Brother Coffee and Comrade Cycles Racing have teamed up to provide separate payouts for the Cat 3 Women in the Women 1/2/3 race following the same payout schedule as the Men Cat 3 race.
- The course: Runs clockwise. Plenty of flow with not a ton of changes from years past… with the notable exception that the CCC’s original flyover is gone and moved on to greener pastures (read: Michigan). Course designer and race director Josh Arends is also taking us through the SouthEastern portion of the park where we’ve never raced before. Quadruple the number of barriers from last year (there will be four including a telephone pole) and the classic hill is out.