– Up next, CX racing returns to Chicago with the Afterglow on SATURDAY. The Afterglow team has scored a brand new location—Douglas Park Golf Course! When registering to race, please consider donating those extra dollars you’re saving on the cheaper reg to the wonderful people at Blackstone Bicycle Works right from the registration page. Look for all the Blackstone kids (along with our friends West Town Bikes!) in the Juniors and 4s, and cheer them on! Intelligentsia will also have that coffee you’ll need for your second race for sale to help support West Town Bikes. Registration will be open until Thursday night at 11:59PM. More details here.
Continuing the theme of giving, Greater Chicago Food Depository has paired with the team on a food drive at the event–everyone who brings a non-perishable food item gets a coveted CALLUP. And if that’s not enough motivation to lend a hand to the needy during this holiday season, a Team Competition is in place–the team that brings in the most amount of food BY WEIGHT wins a fabulous item to impress your friends for an entire year! Sign up for the team competition here. You have until Friday at 4pm to register for the team competition ( but we will of course accept day-of donations!). The award will be given out after the Cat 4/FatBikes/Etc race. UPDATE: Please see RpbL for more information about the food drive.
– Check back Thursday morning for the course preview, including details on an epic REMATCH.
– If you have any money left for Christmas presents after all of that the CCC merch page is still open and we can deliver to you at Afterglow or via USPS before 12/25.
– On SUNDAY (12/16) the CCC hosts its annual End of the Season Awards Party at EJ’s Place in Skokie at noon. Please pre-purchase your tickets here. The coveted CCC series winner cowbells will be awarded to the overall winners, our season long donation will be made to WBR, we’ll have a bunch of fantastical door prizes, and of course the world famous Lost & Found grab.
– Need more CX racing? The CCC’s New Years Resolution is at the Hilton Indian Lakes Resort 1/5/13 and 1/6/13. See the NYR page and help us finish off the season right. We still need volunteers. Help out and race for
really cheap free.
– Then USA Cycling’s CX National Championships in Verona, WI on 1/10/13 – 1/13/13 (nearly the same course as Badger CX but entry fees increase tonight at 11pm). Andden Masters World Championships and World Championships on 2/2/13 – 2/3/13 in Bourbonland (i.e. Louisville,KY).
– And finally… winter time means its cold and dark here in Chicago, but that’s not always so bad.