– Lots of rain and cold weather this spring in Chicagoland, so its felt somewhat like CX weather the entire time. But now that it is officially summer, no one is really doing any road racing… and we just ordered 500 plastic step in stakes… we figured we throw out an update for you.
– The tentative CCC schedule is up (actually is been up since Feb 8). All 12 races (11 venues) are back again for the 2013 season. Note however that due to Thanksgiving being so late this year, there is NOT a week in between Jackson Park and Hopkins Park. So you’ll have full on racing action every weekend from September until the end of November. The former USGP Madison race will take place the weekend before Jackson Park.
– We’re making a few tweaks to the race day schedule to better accommodate everyone. Specifically, the Single Speeds will now start behind the Masters 30+ and the 60+ will start with the 50+ (overall scored separately). In this way there are never more than 2 races on course at once (except for the W4/Juniors). Also, the Cat 4A’s will now be just the Cat 4‘s, and the Cat 4B’s will be Cat 4/5‘s.
– The CCC is planning a pre-season get together, where we can all hang out, live, and in person. Stay tuned for details!
– If you’re planning on getting your body in shape, Morning Bird Studio has a few spots left in their Engine Building Turbo-CX classes starting July 15th.