– Two weeks in a row!
– They’re back! For the 4th year in a row Iron Cycles returns as the 2013 CCC Series Title Sponsor. Thanks to Brandon and his crew for stepping up yet again. We’ll have more announcements regarding Iron Cycles in the weeks to come.
– Also back for another year, but now officially, the Beverly Bike-Vee Pak crew will be the official EMS and First Responders for all CCC races. If you fall down go boom, just look for the white medic tent near the BBVP tent. Oh, and these guys race hard too, so thank them for taking care of your boo-boos.
– Spidermonkey Cycling sends in an update concerning the Tim Johnson & Pete Webber CX Clinic and tells us there are only 14 spots left for the advanced, 15 for intermediate/beginner tracks. Also this clinic is of course open to junior racers and Tim Johnson’s MudFund will support four scholarship spots for athletes ages 14-19… two girls, two boys. To apply, send an email to [email protected] describing how a scholarship to the camp would help you reach your cyclocross goals. Include the event you are applying for, your name and contact information, CX race age for 2013, actual age, racing category and racing history. For riders under 18 actual age, please include your parent’s contact info. Please apply as soon as possible, final deadline for applications is 14 days prior to each camp… which is Friday 8/9/2013 for the Chicago clinic.
– Ultimate Pro Bikes in Countryside, IL is seeking a part-time sales associates and service techs. Candidates must be passionate about cycling and be dedicated to excellent customer service and quality of work. Please submit resume with salary history and references to [email protected].
– And finally, we are always amazed how many people volunteer and work tirelessly behind the scenes to make all the races in the CCC happen every year… but the series could always use a little extra help. If you have some time to lend a hand, especially to help set up before racing begins or afterwards to help break down, please let us know. There is no monetary compensation, but we can make race discounts happen.