– Parking: The promoters will have some spots reserved for locals who may want to use the park. Overflow parking will be at Bosch Tools to the immediate west of Melas Park and located at 800 W Central Rd, Mt Prospect . There is an opening in the fence to get you from the Bosch lot to Melas Park.
– Vehicles in the Park: please don’t drive your vehicle on the grass or park in a reserved spot. If you have a team trailer or vehicle that you want to setup please contact Chris Henning (through the Contact Event link on BikeReg) ahead of time & he’ll work out a spot for you.
– Park rules: Sorry, we don’t make them but we do have to follow them… no alcohol allowed. Please be respectful of the park.
– No kids race this weekend.
– Announcing: Kenny Labbe will be back and announcing all day long.
– Weather: It’s supposed to be sunny but VERY cold on Sunday so please bundle up!
– Series sponsor NovaCare Rehabilitation will have physical therapists on site providing complimentary injury screens. Racers or spectators- any aches or pains you would like to get checked out by a PT? Look for the green NovaCare tent 10:30 – 12:30. Or stop by for a complimentary snack bar or for information on our physical therapy and bike fit services. Can’t make it then? All of our clinics offer complimentary screens. Go to novacare.com/chicagoland for the clinic nearest you.
– Stixx Grille food truck from 11 am- 1pm.
– The Toasty Cheese Food Truck will be there from 1:30- 3:30.
– Volunteering: Melas CX is still looking for a few volunteers. Volunteers race for free & lunch is provided. Please sign-up here.
– The Course: Quite a bit different from last year. Same tough hill(s) getting out of the Basin. Course map will be published Friday. Please remember the course might change based on conditions encountered during setup. As always, arriving early to preride the course is advised and highly recommended for this weekend.