2017 Black Friday CX Preview
Hope everyone is having a relaxing Thursday, but tomorrow it’s time to burn off those calories by blasting around Chicago’s Big Marsh Bike Park. Bring friends & family and make an afternoon of it! The weather is going to be perfect.
- Date: Tomorrow! Friday, November 24th 2017
- Address: 11599 S Stony Island Ave. Chicago, IL 60617
- Parking: Parking in the primary lot will be tight. Please pack in cars as closely as possible. Make sure to not block the fire lane (curbs marked with yellow paint). Auxiliary parking is located 1/8th mile north on the east side of Stony Island Ave.
- Registration: Located in the white, Big Marsh trailer near the parking lot.
- Bib numbers on your left.
- Water: There is no running water on-site. Please pack accordingly and bring plenty of water for you, family, team-mates, and pets. We will have portable restrooms on-site, with a hand sanitizer station.
- Map: Review the course map before arrival to understand the layout. We ask that everyone use the gravel pedestrian path to access Start/Finish, Podiums, Staging, and “The Bridge”. Please do not walk down the asphalt road, this is part of the course. A course preview video can be viewed here.
- Staging: Located on the asphalt road, west of “The Bridge / Plaza”. Call-ups are based (1) Non-perishable food donation, (2) Order of registration. Preliminary staging is posted here.
- Food Donations: Donate a bag of non-perishable food items and receive a premium staging position. Food items should be dropped-off in the white, Big Marsh registration trailer. All donations will be delivered locally to St. Kevin’s Catholic Church.
- Food Consumption: The crew from Let’s Roast Bikes will be on-site grilling up some meats and veggie-friendly options. They will also be raffling off some stuff, so stop by and give them a high-five.
- Results: Note, this race is not part of the Chicago Cyclocross Cup series, thus will not affect your CCC Series Standings. Although, this IS one of your last opportunities to improve your CrossResults ranking prior to Montrose!
- Tear-Down: After the conclusion of the Open 4/5 race we would love some help picking up stakes, tape, and fencing before the sun sets. Everything needs to be moved back to the “Plaza” area for loading into the trailer. Huge thanks in advance!
- Finally – remember, Big Marsh is a Chicago Public Park so it’s open daily to the public. If you enjoy racing down there, we plan to host our 2nd Annual Short Track Mountain Bike Race Series June/July/August 2018, plus a whole lot more! Follow the Friends of Big Marsh on Facebook and Instagram. And, if you are interested in helping with future events or trail build days, consider volunteering with the Friends of Big Marsh, a non-profit organization dedicated to maintaining and developing the site.
- Course: SRAM Stairs, REI Run-up, Clif BARriers, oh my!!! As always the final course may be different on race day.