CCC Tuesday Updates – 20170103
Hi all, super quick and short update… USA Cycling Cyclo-cross Nationals are happening this week in Hartford, CT. Good luck to everyone racing. This year’s 45+ series overall winner JW Miller from Madison, WI already won today’s 50+ non-championship race!). USAC is all over the Twitters, Instagram, and the Facebook with real time updates and One2Go is providing the same live results as we use during our series over on LiveLynxResults.com. USAC will also live stream the Elite races on Sunday on their YouTube channel. If you don’t have Internets or just want to hang with a bunch of local Chicago CX’ers to watch all the action, join the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse for their US Cyclocross Nationals Viewing Party from 12pm to 2pm on Sunday January 8th. Rapha will be providing snacks and beverages while showing the racing action live on their TVs. See you there!
2016 Afterglow Preview
Its not a CCC series race, but hey its our website so we can do what we want. From the race organizers…
- Please use #AfterglowCX, very important to remember the “CX”.
- The weather forecast looks like Montrose+. So dress appropriately, for a CX race that is.
- Preliminary staging, as if you really care, will be posted here on Friday.
- The Chicago Cuttin’ Crew has once again partnered with the Chicago Park District to bring the ‘Glow back to Humboldt Park!
- When registering to race, please consider donating those extra dollars you’re saving on the cheaper reg to the wonderful and very important programs at Blackstone Bicycle Works and West Town Bikes. Not racing? Help cheer the youth in the Juniors, Single Speed, and Cat 4/5 races! We will also have a donation jar at registration for you to throw in your change.
- If you’re coming in from somewhere that doesn’t have easy public transportation (hint), please leave the field house parking lot for volunteers and officials. There is plenty of parking on Luis Munoz Marin Drive in the park, just on the outside of the course.
- Day-of registration and number pickup opens at 9am near the start/finish near the field house parking lot.
- The field house will be open from 11am-6pm, but since it is not officially part of the event, we ask that you respect the other park users who may be using the facility. DO NOT bring your bicycles inside. Leave no trace!
- As with all CCC races and all proper CX races, bib numbers will go on your LEFT side.
- Just like Chicago politics, call-ups and staging will be based on how much money you donate at pre-reg/reg. 😉
- A wheel/equipment pit will be available, but we’re gonna let SRAM NRS have a break and party with us. Wheels/bike in, wheels/bikes out.
- Our top men and women Single Speeders will win free entry to Barry Roubaix, courtesy of a very special OG race director!
- GRUDGE MATCH/Fatbike/FIXED GEAR CX/Etc Open Category will allow any fun bike you want (BMX, tandem, cargobike, fixed gear cx, fatbike, unicycle, tricycle, et al). Registration fee is per bike, so both tandem riders will need to fill out USAC release forms and require USAC licenses. We will try to score categories separately, but no guarantees unless you race super fun/slowly. We will definitely figure out who wins each GRUDGE.
- You thought the snow and mud at Montrose was challenging? InsaneDeOmnium is back to bring the toughest obstacle yet: race all day races. Scoring and details located here.
- Podiums will be presented shortly after each race, and we will have limited edition 2016 Cuttin’ Crew gear for those victorious!
- Not only is Humboldt Park full of delicious Puerto Rican food trucks, Doughnut Vault will once again pay us a visit! Clif Bar will also have fuel and recovery snax for riders who pre-reg.
- As for the course, note the location of parking, the staging grid, and the equipment pit. Give yourself plenty of time to get your bib number, put your gear in the pit, and get to staging on time. The course runs CLOCKWISE.