- Hi everyone, we hope you are doing well and keeping warm during this 2nd blast of the polar vortex. We know you are all a hearty bunch, but if you are outside, especially on your bicycle, be safe and keep warm. If you’re inside on your turbo getting ready for next season, then good on you!
- Congratulations to everyone who raced at USAC CX Nationals a few weeks back. We counted 2 podiums for Chicago area riders and many more great rides and finishes. What a great way to round out the domestic season!
- But the pros are still racing! This coming weekend is the CX World Championships in Hoogerheide, The Netherlands. Our national champions Katie Compton and Jeremy Powers as well as a large contingent of other great riders will be competing for the Arc en Ciel. Watch the action here on the UCI’s YouTube channel or better yet, wake up really early and head to Heritage Bicycles to watch with your CCC friends.
- And finally… the CCC site is going into hibernation for a few months, but mtb & road season is either on the horizon or already in full swing depending on how you look at it. Good luck, be safe, and most importantly have fun out there. We’ll start posting updates about the 2014 CCC season here sometime in late May or early June.
Happy New Year to everyone in CX land.
- CX season is pretty much finished here in Chicagoland. Thanks again to everyone for another great CCC series.
- If you’re still on the fence about going to Coloardo, Pro Bike Express can likely still help with the logistics.
- And finally… while we’re winding down here at the CCC, BTB TV is still providing plenty of great CX coverage through the end of January. Check out all of the programs, including Cross Talk presented by Embrocation Cycling Journal.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 350,000 times in 2013. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 15 days for that many people to see it.
From all of us here at the Chicago Cyclocross Cup, we wish all of our riders, sponsors, families, supporters, hecklers, pets, bicycles, and… aww heck who are we kidding… everyone out there… even if you don’t race CX… a very Merry Christmas. We hope Santa brings you all everything you want and deserve…
- Thanks to Robots <3 and the Cuttin’ Crew for another wonderfully muddy Afterglow. Results are on USAC.org here. Special congratulations to Mike Kelley for winning our hearts and minds, and taking Sweet Justice home again for another year.
- If you missed the CCC Awards Party at EJ’s Place on Sunday, well then you missed a good one. Cowbells, schwag, and good cheer. Thanks to everyone who attended and thanks again to everyone for making 2014 yet another memorable year of the Chicago Cyclocross Cup.
- One last thank you to all of the CCC’s 2013 Series Sponsors and in particular our Title Sponsor Iron Cycles for another great season. For those that don’t know, Iron Cycles has recently teamed up with Embrocation Cycling Journal to bring you not only great content but also great products. Check out their website and stay tuned for how ECJ is helping to bring you even more great CX coverage.
- And finally… a letter from Lindsay Knight who not only races fast but is also the Youth Program Coordinator for Blackstone Bicycle Works: