– Stop two of the 2012 CCC takes us to Hopkins Park hosted by North Central Cyclery, Axletree, Half Acre Cycling, and Robots Powered by Love. Driving out to beautiful Dekalb is well worth it for the flyover alone.
– Since the CCC now has a Single Speed category there will be no OUILSSSCXC (Officially Unofficial IL State Single Speed CX Championships).
– The World Famous Half Acre Cycling Bake Sale returns for another year. Both veg and non-veg options will be available for purchase.
– Did we mention the flyover? Yep, its back and the weather looks delightful for CX.
– Driving can sometimes be tricky due to construction along Interstate 88 and this year looks the same, so give yourselves plenty of time to get out to Dekalb.
-Lots of additional payouts! Hopkins Park is matching the Women 1/2/3 to the Cat 1/2/3 race and also awarding a separate payout for the Women 3 AND having a separate Women 3 podium. So get your cameras ready there will be plenty podium time. The fine print: In the event a Women Cat 3 finishes in the top five of the W1/2/3 race, she will be awarded the larger the two payouts, but not double payout.
– Speaking of podiums, Women 4 & Juniors podiums will be held at 2pm to allow the officials enough time to sort out the 3 different categories. Women 1/2/3, Women 3, 50+, 60+, & Single Speed podium will be at 12:15pm. So go get cleaned up, get out of your chamois, pick up some food at the bake sale, and come back for your podiums at the correct times.
– Look for the Pactimo Series Leader Jerseys in EVERY race. It will take slightly longer to calculate the overall standings after each race so unless the current jersey holder wins their race we’ll announce and award the leaders jersey after final results are posted (i.e. not at the same time as the podiums).
– Remember the Women Cat 4 and the Cat 4A fields are both racing for the Mad Alchemy First Lap Hot Legs Sprints. You will receive instructions on the start line for where the sprint line will be, but we’re told it may be at the bottom of the other side of the flyover… so you have to get up and over the wooden monster first!
– Staging will follow CCC series protocol in the following order: CCC series points, CrossResults.com points, then order of registration. Remember CrossResults.com points are only applied if you pre-reg (and use your correct USAC license #) so get on it. Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes tonight at midnight.
– Waitlists are only on-site on Sunday. Get there early if your want a spot!
– If you pre-order your CCC Merchandise; tshirts, socks. coffee mugs, and embro… sorry but the CCC will NOT have merch at Hopkins Park, however we will be back and distributing all the goods at Dan Ryan Woods.
– The course will follow the same basic route as last year, in a figure-8 pattern afforded by the flyover. Hopkins Park will be making some changes to the “flow” of the course to make a better balance between power and skill. Expect some sections that will be fast if you have the fitness to put down the power through them. The equipment pit will be right-hand entry
so as not to require you to cross the course to get to it.