2019 Carpentersville Preview
October 17, 2019
Welcome back CCC racers. School may be back in session but 4th period is recess and Professor Provisor has added CX to the list of recess activities.
- This Sunday’s event, Carpentersville Woodland School Cyclocross p/b the Main Street Bicycles Sasquatch Squadron, will be held once again (God willing) at 770 Navajo Drive in Carpentersville.
- We don’t want to jinx anything, but the weather has been good all week and we are NOT anticipating yet another venue change. But we also kinda said that last week… so keep your eyes and ears pealed for any last minute updates.
- That being said, looking for a place to clean your bike? CCC Super Fan Jordan Morrell put today this Google Map of self service car wash stations near all the CCC venues. Thanks Jordan!
- Hashtag #CarpenterCX
- Preliminary Staging will be posted here Friday. Please double check your staging.
- Numbers go on your LEFT SIDE, always in the CCC.
- Ladies (and some gentlemen), please make sure to have your hair up or in a braid. If your hair is covering your number One2Go can’t score you.
- Parking: The school has a small lot. We’ve designated two areas that will remain open for tent drop off. Like last year, we ask again that you please do NOT park in these two areas (along the school or in the alley next to the school). See the purple shaded areas on the map. We will have parking volunteers helping to guide folks in the morning. Please be courteous as it is early for them too.
- Otherwise, plenty of street parking surrounding the school – please respect the posted parking signs. If need be, the Sunny Hill School lot is available on Helm Rd.
- Kiddie Cross will be after 1pm. The location will be on the school side. We’ll decide day of depending on where tents are setup.
- We’ll have the Dave’s Slow Food Truck onsite. They’ll have vegetarian friendly options. They’ll arrive between 10 and 11am. There’s a chance they’ll be around for breakfast but, that’ll be a day of decision on their part.
- Sorry the Chubby Spud is still missing in action and we do not know where it is.
- Alcohol is NOT permitted.
- Weather: Temps have dropping, and there’s some rain in the forecast. Please make sure to bring post race gear to keep warm in. That also means plenty of frost and/or dew on the grass in the morning. So bring a spare pair of dry shoes.
- Tent City: Same general spots as last year. We’ve got some good spots marked on the map. It’s worth the hike up to the sandy area. Otherwise, cozy up because we don’t have a ton of space.
- Course: The course runs Counter Clockwise, essentially reverse direction from last year. The wide-open plains, slippery slopes, verdant forest and sandy (hopefully) beaches return for another year. Our chainsaws, tillers, compactors, shovels, sledge hammers, and leaf blowers came out to play again this year. We’re doing our best to bring difficult but fun features to the CCC while keeping the land owners happy so that we can keep coming back.
- Don’t forget to keep an eye out for sasquatches around the course because, no matter what, we’re always squatchin’ you.
We’ll need to keep the alley on the west side of the school open for the neutral support vehicle. Work on your dismounts and remounts. We don’t have the land to make a power course so we made a rowdy course. We’re excited. See everyone Sunday.
This is always one of my favorite courses! Specifically because of the twisty-turnies… and the dismounts… and the sand… “you can tell I’m not a power course kinda person”
Rowdier the better! This is always one of my favorite courses! Specifically because of the twisty-turnies… and the dismounts… and the sand… you can tell I’m not a “power course kinda person”
Wow! Looks super 🙂 fun!! Come say hi to us at the Giant & Liv Expo area.. We’ll have Free coffee and treats for our early race guests… or until we run out.
Curious what maestro suspension is all about? We’d love to show you some really sick bikes! Sorry, no CX bikes on demo truck 🙁
I need a course designed for a “no power” kinda person 🙁
Maybe just a finish line, a chair, and a chess board??
Evan, I think the Half Acre folks came up with what I’ll call American CX Gladiators to level the power playing field a bit. A blend of CX skills along with favorites such as Joust (for agility and giant Q-Tip weapon skills) and Assault (for Nerf type marksmanship), probably finishing up with Eliminator (perhaps something akin to dodgeball on a bike?).
Make it happen!