CCC Tuesday Updates – 20221206
December 6, 2022
- Thanks to EVERYONE who helped make the 2022 Chicago Cyclocross Cup a success… from the racers, the riders, the teams, the sponsors, the coaches, the parents, the spouses, the significant others, the the mechanics, the doggos, the spectators, the hecklers, the officials, Kenny (of course), the land manager and park managers, the bus/sprinter drivers, and anyone else we may have forgotten. After 2 years off for COVID you all showed everyone why the CCC truly is the best amateur CX series in the country… probably the world if we’re being honest.
- Full Overall Series Results are posted here. We’re still updating team names and will post final team standings later this week.
- The USA Cycling Cyclocross National Championships start today in Hartford, CT. Good luck to all competitors, especially those from the Chicagoland region who race with us.
- If you’re still in need of some Christmas gifts, please consider something from our amazing Series Sponsors.
- Speaking of series sponsors… Simple Endurance Coaching is hosting… The 2022 CCC Season Was Awesome, But I Want to Do Better! Join coach Paul for a free seminar/work session where he will review your training from 2022 and start making plans for 2023. You’ll review your season, your strengths and future needs, and then set up some goals for 2023. You’ll talk about how to set up your training in three periods: General Fitness, Bike Fitness, and Race Fitness. The seminar will be on December 13 at 7 pm on Zoom. From Paul, “I was honored to help sponsor the Chicago Cyclocross Cup this year, and I specialize in coaching cyclocross and gravel racers as well as trail runners.” Click here to register.
- And finally… We truly hope everyone had a great time this year and wish you all the best during this holiday season and into 2023. There may or may not be a few more updates here on the site this year, but if not… have a great Holiday season no matter what you celebrate and a Happy New Year!!!
Thanks for another great year. Hoping you are able to add a couple more races next year.
Look for Afterglow at The Big Marsh at the end of May. Yes, May.
Is it possible to have the 9 to 14 Junior’s race for 30 minutes again as opposed to two laps? The races this year were only 15 to 16 minutes long. A lot of the kids were going to the Wisconsin series in order to compete in 30 minute races.