CCC Tuesday Updates – 20231010
October 10, 2023
- Thanks to xXx Racing for keeping us racing this past weekend and using every last shred of available land in Jackson Park to fit the course it. Results are on USAC and CrossResults, lap times are here… and as always we have links to all results and overall standings here. There were a bunch of photographs and videos recorded as well which are posted in the comments of the Jackson Park Course Preview here.
- The CCC takes a break next weekend but there’s some hot & spicy CX action up in Waterloo, WI at the Trek CX Cup. Good luck to everyone traveling to race, spectate, and get their photo taken with Sven.
- The week after on 10/22/2023 the CCC continues at ABD Sunrise Park which is the start of 5 week block of racing every weekend. Buckle up, the season’s just getting started!
- A quick note on Team Names. We match all riders’ USAC license numbers to the USAC rider database, not the team name you have listed in BikeReg. You need to have your CX team name correct in your USAC rider profile for it to properly flow through to CCC results and to contribute to your team overall standings. We can update previous results in the CCC overall standings, but please let us know now and not at the end of the season. Email us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail.
- Speaking of overall standings, remember if you upgrade your USAC category you can take 1/2 your points with you to the next category (for overall standings and staging), but you must do so before the 1/3 of the way through the season plus 1 race. For those following along at home that’s BEFORE the 4th race of the series (i.e. Campton CX). More details here on the Rules and FAQ page. We no longer have a way to track USAC upgrades, so if you do you need to email us and let us know. Congrats to those of you who have already upgraded!
- And finally… a huge thanks to our USAC officials, camera/results crew, and of course the best announcer a CX series could wish for Kenny Labbé for making our first 2 races operate and run efficiently. Its not easy being at our venues all.day.long. and all.season.long. and ensuring things flow smoothly. So make sure to thank them, give them a high five… or a hug, or maybe just a tip of your helmet at the next race and the rest of the season! Thanks everyone!