– The Chicago Cyclocross Cup is proud to announce and partner with our new and returning sponsors. We’re still looking for more sponsors of the series but a few organization are back again and we’ve signed up some partners whose names you ought to already know… Blue Competition Cycles, Cyclocross Magazine, Deuter, EJ’s Place, Main Street Bicycles, Planet Bike, The Pony Shop, SRAM, and Village Cyclesport. Please let these sponsors know how much you appreciate their support! If you, your company, best friend, dog, etc would like to be more involved and help the CCC in 2009… please contact us ASAP at [email protected].
– More preseason CX action Sunday August 23rd.
– We recently gave the new website another make over. Tells us what you think in the comments section below. What else would you like to see? What works for you? What doesn’t?
– We know that with the summer road season winding down many of you are starting to build up your CX rigs. Have pix? Send us the links and we’ll post them on the media section of the site so all of your competitors can ooohh and aaahh at your new steed.
– Last Thursday about 20 or so of us gathered at the Well-Fit training center to talk about ‘cross. For those that missed it we hope to find some pix at some point… but several new CX’ers walked away with some nice, nice door prizes… like a new Javelin CX Frame, a helmet, a Well-Fit thermal jacket, and bike tunes and fittings from Get-A-Grip Cycles. Yeah, you’re sad you missed it aren’t you?
– Jackson Park is roughly one month away… are you ready? Have questions? Send them to [email protected] and we’ll get you ready.
SRAM makes great stuff and is a series sponsor of the CCC.
Hopefully you’ve all seen this on other sites, but we figured we’d post it here as well to make sure everyone knows about the 10 Speed PowerLock recall.
Check your chains ASAP and if need be visit your nearest local SRAM dealer.
– Don’t forget this Thursday at 7:00pm is the Well-Fit CX Roundtable. We’ll be at the Well-Fit Training Center, located at 1700 West Hubbard Street.
Take this survey before the event to be eligible for freebies at the meeting:
The theme of the night is CX is a FUN way to stay in shape and anyone can do it. The discussion should last about 30 minutes with a Q&A/meet and greet after. There will also be some food and drinks at the event!
– The season kicks off with Jackson Park in just over a month and we know some of you have already started building up you new (or perhaps just rebuilding old) CX rigs. If you have pix or vids to share please send them to [email protected] and we’ll add them to the CCC gallery.
– The summer road season is winding down and we’ve heard rumors of CX practices starting up all throughout the city and suburbs. If you’d like some company and competition, send your date(s) and location(s) to [email protected] and we’ll let everyone know where the mid-week action is.
– The CCC is still looking for series sponsors. If you or someone you know would like to be a sponsor please get in touch with us offline.
– Do you have any ideas on how to make the CCC better this year? If so, please leave us a comment below. We want to make 2009 the best year yet and need your feedback!
Here’s a nice video of the Northbrook CX race from last year. It was cold that day (I think it snowed at one point) but what a great course… especially in its first year.
We’re still working to get the race back this year but things look iffy at that moment. Stay tuned for more!
The panel will include:
- Jason Knauff, the director of the 2009 Chicago Cyclocross Cup,
- Former cyclocross newbie and 2008 Category 4 Cup champion Eileen Neville,
- Cat 1 cyclocross competitor extrodinaire and coach Ted Ramos,
- The national rep from Javelin Cycles, and
- Someone from Get a Grip to discuss retro-fitting your bike for cyclocross.
The meeting is open to all clubs and teams, and there will be food and beverages.
For more information contact Well-Fit at [email protected].
Want some structure in your training for cross but can not afford a coach? How bout a 3 month email training plan for $150?
Based on the training you having already been doing coach Brian Conant will create for you a 1 time, 3 month training plan with HR or power based workouts.
Contact Brian at [email protected]