- Lots of CX events coming up. But if you haven’t checked out this site in a while, please have a look at our 5/30/17 post outlining the changes we’re making to this year’s series.
- Thursday 8/24 CCC Kickoff Party at the Rapha Clubhouse
- Saturday 8/26 Half Acre CX Eliminator at Big Marsh
- Sunday 8/27 xXx Relay Cross in Jackson Park
- Also remember the Trek CXC Cup (WI) and Jingle Cross (IA) are both in September and both are UCI World Cup events this year. We purposely do not have CCC events on these weekends so you can go and see these big shows.
- Want to be involved with the CCC as either a series sponsor or a series volunteer? We have plenty of room for anyone and everyone in both. Contact us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail so we can discuss details.
- And finally… today we are officially and sadly saying goodbye to the green machine, the Village-Verdigris CX team after 11 years of being a part of the CCC. From Juniors to Women to Masters, VVCX has produced some of the best riders in the CCC both on and off the bike. But fear not as Tim, Vince, and the guys have recast the mold, in eye searing orange, as Team F3 p/b 7 Miles Cycles. You may already know F3 Cycling as the group that brought us FormMount (and more to come) and 7 Mile Cycles is the rebranded Village CycleSport in Elk Grove (Note the Arlington Heights and Barrington VCS locations are still there and separate owners). Look for this team to pick up right where they left off last season.
Quick update for a hot and humid still-Summer but #cxiscoming update.
- Half Acre hosts the CX Eliminator on Saturday 7/26 at Big Marsh and registration is open.
- xXx Racing hosts Relay Cross on Sunday 7/27 in Jackson Park and registration is open. High Fives!
- Join the Chicago Cyclocross Community for a season kick off party at the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse in Wicker Park on Thursday 8/24/2017 at 7pm!
- The party starts at 7pm, and everyone is invited, but please RSVP here.
- Mingle with and hear from series and race directors about the series and upcoming season while raising a pint.
- Meet and chat with sponsors such as SRAM, ABUS, PSIMET, Pony Shop, SnowyMountainPhotography, Illinois Bicycle Law, Clif Bar and more.
- Raffle of $5 per ticket with 100% of all proceeds going to West Town Bikes and Blackstone Bicycle Works!
- We’re back at it again! Now that officially #roadisdead we’ll have more regular updates leading up to and into the CX season.
- But before we get there, and possibly half way in between, check out the Chicago Cinder Classic on Sunday August 20th, hosted by ActiveTrans.org. Four racers. Two single speed bikes. One cinder track. Should be lots of fun. If you’ve ever watched the film “Breaking Away” or seen the cinder track relay race at Indiana University, you know how fun and exciting these races can be. Each team of four racers will ride 100 laps (25 miles) on identical single speed bikes.
- Speaking of events, Half Acre’s CX Eliminator (8/26/17) and xXx Racing’s CX Relay (8/27/2017) are just over one month away. These are not CCC series events, but a great way to ease into the season. We’ll have BikeReg pages for CCC series events set up sometime in August. In the meantime, the updated event and race day schedule as well as lots of other dates are over on the schedule page.
- And speaking of xXx Racing, the club is hosting the Return of the Svens for another year here in Chicago. Check out details and sign up for the clinics here.
- And finally… if you haven’t already, now is the time to start getting ready for the CX season. Get the bike in tune and those tubbies glued up… or better yet take it to one of our great local bike shops, renew you USAC annual license (and make sure your CX club/team is correct), upgrade to a higher category if you feel you are ready, practice you bib number pinning techniques, read and re-read the USAC rulebook and the CCC series rules, and most importantly get your family and friends ready to either join you or at least used to you being gone all day every Sunday in the Autumn. See y’all soon!!!
Tuesday June 27, 2017
Lime Kiln Park, 2020 S Green Bay Road, Grafton, WI 53024
More info and register here:
- We hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. The weather is finally getting better and road racing is in full swing, so… time to talk CX, right?
- First up, no changes to the event schedule. The CCC series is again (tentatively) 11 events. All tentative dates are updated here on the CCC schedule page.
- Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing is back as the first race, hopefully no floods this year.
- The Carpentersville event will again be at the Woodland Elementary School.
- The Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) shut down last year, but the South Chicago Wheelmen (SCW) have secured a 2 day venue at Pheasant Run Resort (#PRR?) not far from ILR.
Special Thursday Edition!
This summer, in conjunction with Friends of Big Marsh, SRAM is hosting a series of 4 Short Track races at Big Marsh. on June 1, 15, 29, and July 13. The first race is next Thursday! The intent of these races – aside from having a bunch of fun – is to get people down to Big Marsh and racing on the site and ultimately start feeling out what a cyclocross event would look like at the park. These short track events can be raced on a mountain bike or a cross bike. See the flyer below.
Hi all, super quick and short update… USA Cycling Cyclo-cross Nationals are happening this week in Hartford, CT. Good luck to everyone racing. This year’s 45+ series overall winner JW Miller from Madison, WI already won today’s 50+ non-championship race!). USAC is all over the Twitters, Instagram, and the Facebook with real time updates and One2Go is providing the same live results as we use during our series over on LiveLynxResults.com. USAC will also live stream the Elite races on Sunday on their YouTube channel. If you don’t have Internets or just want to hang with a bunch of local Chicago CX’ers to watch all the action, join the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse for their US Cyclocross Nationals Viewing Party from 12pm to 2pm on Sunday January 8th. Rapha will be providing snacks and beverages while showing the racing action live on their TVs. See you there!
- Thanks to everyone who came to the 2016 Awards Party at EJ’s Place on Sunday. We had a good time sharing stories, more than a few laughs, and a great recap of the season. We can’t wait to hear those series winner bells ringing next season.
- Congrats to everyone who raced on Saturday up in Madison at the MidWest Regional CX Championships. Results are here and it looks like 2 Chicagoland riders took home jerseys!
- If you weren’t at the Elbo Room to see Los Borrachos on Friday night, you missed out. It was a stellar show and so much fun to catch up with so many of you off the bike.
- Good luck to anyone and everyone heading to Hartford, CT for the USA Cycling Cyclocross National Championships. We’ll be watching and listening between 1/3/17 and 1/8/17 to see how everyone races.
- And finally… this website will be settling down for the long winter as we retreat into the CCC evile lair to plot out next year’s awesomeness. While we won’t be posting anything new here for a while our email address is always open and active, so if you have any suggestions, criticisms, praise, or just want to chat don’t hesitate to drop us a line.
- And finally, finally… we here at the CCC wish everyone a very Merry Christmas (or however you may celebrate the holiday season) and Happy New Year! Whether you’re spending time on the (fat) bike, racing into and through January, or just chillin’ and drinking eggnog every night for the next 3 months… please enjoy the off season with your family and friends and we’ll see you again next September for the 2017 Chicago Cyclocross Cup!