- The Afterglow hosted by the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew was rad as it always is. Lots of good racing and all for the great cause of supporting Blackstone Bicycle Works and West Town Bikes. This race is all about fun, but it was scored and results will be posted soon.
- Speaking of results, we hosted the 2017 Series Awards Party on Sunday. Lots of good cheer and conversation. Congratulations to all the series winners.
- And finally… our Series Title Sponsor SRAM hooked us up with a set of ZIPP Firecrest wheels to benefit the entire Chicagoland cycling community. We want to share the love as far as possible so we’re holding a raffle to benefit our 3 series charity organizations Big Marsh, Blackstone Bicycle Works, & West Town Bikes. Between now and New Years Eve on BikeReg buy as many $5 raffle tickets as you like. All proceeds will go directly to and be split evenly between these three great organizations. Seriously, buy as many as you like, all the money is going to great causes. Have too many wheels already? You can purchase raffle tickets in someone else’s name. Don’t live anywhere near Chicago? No problem, we’ll ship to anywhere that’s legal for us to do so (sorry DPRK). Not bad for a $5 raffle ticket. The only thing we ask is that you use these wheels yourself or give them to a friend, family member, or someone who will appreciate them. In the spirit of the holidays and doing the right thing, please do NOT resell these wheels for more money than you paid for them. Thanks. The winner will be drawn at random on New Year’s Day as soon as we
shake off our malort hangoverget back from our first great ride of the new year. The winner will receive: One (1) shiny brand new set of Zipp Firecrest Wheels (front & rear), Model 202, 303, 404, 808 (sorry NO NSW), Rim brake or disc, SRAM or Campy. Learn more about Zipp’s Firecrest technology at http://www.zipp.com.
- Happy Holidays from the entire Chicago Cyclocross Cup community!!!
Category: 1 – Sponsors
- Lots of CX events coming up. But if you haven’t checked out this site in a while, please have a look at our 5/30/17 post outlining the changes we’re making to this year’s series.
- Thursday 8/24 CCC Kickoff Party at the Rapha Clubhouse
- Saturday 8/26 Half Acre CX Eliminator at Big Marsh
- Sunday 8/27 xXx Relay Cross in Jackson Park
- Also remember the Trek CXC Cup (WI) and Jingle Cross (IA) are both in September and both are UCI World Cup events this year. We purposely do not have CCC events on these weekends so you can go and see these big shows.
- Want to be involved with the CCC as either a series sponsor or a series volunteer? We have plenty of room for anyone and everyone in both. Contact us at ChicagoCrossCup at gmail so we can discuss details.
- And finally… today we are officially and sadly saying goodbye to the green machine, the Village-Verdigris CX team after 11 years of being a part of the CCC. From Juniors to Women to Masters, VVCX has produced some of the best riders in the CCC both on and off the bike. But fear not as Tim, Vince, and the guys have recast the mold, in eye searing orange, as Team F3 p/b 7 Miles Cycles. You may already know F3 Cycling as the group that brought us FormMount (and more to come) and 7 Mile Cycles is the rebranded Village CycleSport in Elk Grove (Note the Arlington Heights and Barrington VCS locations are still there and separate owners). Look for this team to pick up right where they left off last season.
Quick update for a hot and humid still-Summer but #cxiscoming update.
- Half Acre hosts the CX Eliminator on Saturday 7/26 at Big Marsh and registration is open.
- xXx Racing hosts Relay Cross on Sunday 7/27 in Jackson Park and registration is open. High Fives!
- Join the Chicago Cyclocross Community for a season kick off party at the Rapha Chicago Clubhouse in Wicker Park on Thursday 8/24/2017 at 7pm!
- The party starts at 7pm, and everyone is invited, but please RSVP here.
- Mingle with and hear from series and race directors about the series and upcoming season while raising a pint.
- Meet and chat with sponsors such as SRAM, ABUS, PSIMET, Pony Shop, SnowyMountainPhotography, Illinois Bicycle Law, Clif Bar and more.
- Raffle of $5 per ticket with 100% of all proceeds going to West Town Bikes and Blackstone Bicycle Works!
- We hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. The weather is finally getting better and road racing is in full swing, so… time to talk CX, right?
- First up, no changes to the event schedule. The CCC series is again (tentatively) 11 events. All tentative dates are updated here on the CCC schedule page.
- Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing is back as the first race, hopefully no floods this year.
- The Carpentersville event will again be at the Woodland Elementary School.
- The Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) shut down last year, but the South Chicago Wheelmen (SCW) have secured a 2 day venue at Pheasant Run Resort (#PRR?) not far from ILR.
- Holy cow its September, all the Labor Day sales have passed, Road is Officially Dead, its still hot as 7 inches from the midday sun, and CX IS.FINALLY.HERE.!!!
- Reminder that the first race in the CCC series is THIS SUNDAY 9/11/2016 in LaBagh Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico. Online pre-reg is open on BikeReg and there is still room in all categories, but please, please, please don’t wait until the last minute to reg. The weather looks great for Sunday and pre-reg is so much easier on everyone than reg’ing at the venue. Look for the course preview on Thursday.
- Speaking of online pre-reg… all CCC races are now open on BikeReg if you’d like to part with your hard earned cash dollars now.
- If you didn’t see the announcement on their website, due to a scheduling conflict xXx Racing-Athletico had to reschedule the cyclocross clinic with the Svens from Tuesday 9/13 to Sunday 9/11 (the Monday 9/12 clinic will proceed as scheduled). Immediately following the last race of the day on Sunday at LaBagh Woods, the Svens will host a skills clinic right on the race course, focusing on mounting and dismounting, cornering, picking fast lines, barriers, shouldering, equipment setup, and other techniques. All funds from the clinic go directly to the Pieter Ombregt Scholarship Fund at Columbia College with the Svens volunteering their time as a favor to the Ombregt family. The Sunday clinic will be 2.5 hours long (4:30-7:00 pm) and is $125. Limited spots are still available! Also, Sven and Sven
willmay be hanging out starting around noon, so if you want autographs or the Svens to be on the podium with you, this may be your chance. Still no word on whether they will racing the Single Speed category.
- CCC Alumnus and all around cycling enthusiast Christopher Jensen sends us this note from Michigan… Great fun coming up on October 1, at the Beer City Growler Cyclocross and 5K Steeplechase. $2500 in cash prizes (equal payout between the Open Men and Open Women), a beer garden, The (original CCC) Flyover, One2Go Timing and Results, and a 5km run in the morning Also a special prize for the fastest combined run and “open” category CX finish time for the men and women. October 1, Wilcox Park in Grand Rapids, MI – http://www.usacycling.org/
- The CCC would like to welcome 2 new
series sponsorspartners to the CCC family:
Achieve Orthopedic Rehab Institute Sports Medicine – We pride ourselves in personal attention, through each step of the process. You literally feel the difference, every day.
Stio – Designed and tested in Jackson Hole, Stio clothing blends modern mountain style with technical performance. The Stio Mountain Studio™ at 1719 N. Damen Ave is bringing mountain soul to Chicago.
- And finally… before we get started with the season a quick PSA; its cyclocross, we’re all excited, we’re all competitive, there’s plenty of #hype… but that doesn’t mean we can’t have a
littlelot of fun. Let’s keep the egos, attitude, foul language, and any behavior unfit for public display in check and enjoy the season with each other. We only have a little bit of time so we should use it the best we can. Now let’s race CX!
- Looks like everyone had a good time at Relay CX. Results are on xXx Racing’s site here. Remember your Relay CX results do NOT count towards your CrossResults.com points.
- Only 2 more weeks until the Chicago Cyclocross Cup series begins on 9/11/16 at LaBagh Woods, also hosted by xXx Racing. The website still says Caldwell Woods, but the event is definitely at LaBagh Woods. Online pre-reg is up on BikeReg here: bikereg.com/labaghcx
- Online pre-reg for all other series races will open next Monday (9/5/16) at 10am on BikeReg here to give you plenty of time to make a coffee or get a Rocket Sauce, house a doughnut, and settle in.
- Looking to tear it up this season? Consider a training plan by series sponsor Training Bible Cycling. Check it out on Training Peaks here.
- Lots of series sponsors from years past are back again this year, with a few new partners joining the “CCC Family”. Looks for updates over the next few days/weeks as we welcome a few new friends into the fold.
- Where’s everyone on social media these days? Snapchat? Twitter? Instagram? Facebook? MySpace? We want to know so we can keep see all of the photos and stories you are sharing. Let us know in the comments below.
- And finally… Jon Gatto is back at the drone controls and bringing us recaps of races. Check out his view of Relay CX here: vimeo.com/180671066
- Online reg for Labagh Woods opened over on BikeReg yesterday morning. All other CCC events will open on BikeReg on Monday September 5th at 10am.
- Interested in being a CCC series sponsor? Read our sponsorship proposal and email us at [email protected].
- Rad lady and all around CX badass Maria Larkin sent us some info about the Trek CxC Cup Junior Girls Cyclocross Clinic…
- Where: Trek CxC Cup @ Trek Factory Headquarters, Waterloo, Wisconsin. Registration and meet up will take place at the chalet near the back parking lot on McKay Way. Please allow plenty of time to navigate traffic leaving Chicago on Friday evening.
- When: 5.30pm, 9/16/16. The clinic will last 1 hour with some time for questions for Kaitie after we’re done.
- Cost: FREE
- You must be:
- – A junior girl aged 9-18 Cat 2/3/4
- – EXCITED ABOUT CYCLOCROSS!
- You must bring:
- A cyclocross bike (preferred) or Mountain Bike.
- A helmet.
- A USAC license (if you don’t have a license you can purchase a one day license online when registering or day of)
- We will supply:
- The Trek CxC Cup Course. You will be doing drills and skills on the challenging UCI course set up for the weekend’s racing.
- Multiple time (junior and U23) National Champion, and 2015 World Cup podium finisher Kaitie Antonneau (Cannondale Cyclocrossworld)
- PIZZA. We know you’ll be leaving after (during) school on Friday so we will provide water and snacks for the riders after the clinic. If you have any dietary restrictions please email us; [email protected]
- Registration Link: https://www.usacycling.org/register/2016-2699
- Other Info:Trek has gone to great effort to provide a learning and racing environment for girls at the CxC Cup. We encourage you to make the most of the weekend and get yourself and your daughters signed up to race. The skills that Kaitie will be teaching are best put straight into practice!
- And finally… want to help out with the series or maybe just have a comment or idea? Email us directly at [email protected].
- Aaaaaand… we’re back!
- We’ve had a bunch of updates to the event calendar, see everything on the Schedule page.
- Pre-reg for all CCC series events will again be hosted on BikeReg.com. Pre-reg for most events will open at 10am on Monday 9/5/16 with LaBagh Woods opening up Monday 8/22/16.
- xXx Racing is back with their Relay CX on Sunday 8/28/16 in Jackson Park. This year there will be yet another category, the Relay Roulette, which will serve as a fundraiser for a local area cycling charity/cause of the winners’ choice. Find more details here.
- Half Acre’s CX Eliminator will be on Saturday 9/10.
- The CCC’s first race of the series will again be hosted by xXx Racing and held in LaBagh Woods on Sunday 9/11/16. Due to Jingle Cross and the Trek CXC Cup changing dates, xXx Racing moved LaBagh Woods earlier on calendar so more Chicagoland racers could experience those larger races.
- A quick note from our neighbors across Lake Michigan… Looking to get your ‘cx season started off a bit early with a quick road trip to Michigan? Check out the Snap Fitness Alma Grand Prix of Cyclocross & 5k in Alma, Michigan (about a 4-ish hour drive from Chicago) for some good early season fun. The race website is AlmaGP.blogspot.com and pre-registration is available through USA Cycling. Camping on site Friday night, as well as an early number pick up option at Snap Fitness in town. Swag coming out of your ears!
- And as if that was enough CX in September for you… xXx Racing is Bringing the Sven’s to Chicago for a CX clinic. Check out all the details here.
- Interested in being a 2016 Series Sponsor? Please review our 2016 Series Sponsorship Proposal here and get back to us ASAP.
- And finally… did you notice we spruced up the place? Thanks to the guys at Bark Design for freshening up our website and logo.
- This Saturday the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew hosts Afterglow – A Cyclocross Race… now with #INSANEDEOMNIUM2015!!!
- Then on Sunday its the 2015 CCC Awards Party, we’re not going to make up some silly story that tickets are selling fast, there’s plenty of room, but please help us and EJ’s Place plan for how much food to make. Winners get their cowbells… and everyone gets something. Come join the fun.
- With the winding down of the CX season here in Chicago the CCC will crawl into its
denevile lair and updates here on the site will be few and far between until summer 2016. Have great winter and ride safely as much as you can. Given the trend in competition over the last few years we expect 2016 to be another fast CX season.
- Want to keep in shape over the holiday and race your CX bike in January??? Well luckily for you USA Cycling is having CX National Championships in Asheville, NC January 5-10. Good luck to everyone traveling and racing!
- And finally… thanks again to everyone who made a series donation this year. With donated entry fees from Melas CX the CCC will make just North of a $2,100 donation to each of our three causes… West Town Bikes, Blackstone Bicycle Works, and Big Marsh. THANK YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!