– Looks like everyone had a great time at CrossVegas... some people a little too much fun. More on that below.
– Patriot CX results will be posted to USAC here soon.
– Good luck to everyone heading up to Waterloo this weekend for the Trek CXC Cup. Staging is by USAC ranking, so slightly different than CCC races, but it should still be close. We highly encourage everyone who can to attend this event as it is the closest UCI race to the Chicagoland area and the best chance (with the best weather) to see all the top pros. Have fun, take your cowbells and heckle-cannons, and represent the CCC well.
– Less than 2 weeks to go until the first race of the CCC series kicks off at Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing-Athletico. The Cat 4/5 race has already filled but you can get yourself on the waitlist. All other categories still have a few spots open, but don’t wait until the last minute. Please pre-reg. Also, look for new blog posts on race day to post your pictures, videos, and race reports so everyone can see them.
– A few final new series sponsors are joining the CCC. Prairie Path Cycles is the latest, but they are no stranger to the CCC as the sponsoring supporting shop of the Athletes By Design (ABD) team who has hosted the ABD Sunrise Park event for many years.
Prairie Path Cycles – Just off the Illinois Prairie Path in Winfield and the Fox River Trail in Batavia, Prairie Path Cycles is your full-service stop for all your cycling needs. PPC first opened their doors in 1992 to provide quality bicycles, accessories and expert repairs. They will make sure that your bike purchase will be one that you will enjoy for many years to come. Their experienced staff will help you find the bike that is perfect for your style of riding AND your budget.
– And finally… For those of you that missed the photos from CrossVegas there were a few unruly spectators spraying beer on pro racers as they race. Who wastes beer like that… even if it was PBR? People are hungry and starving around the world everyday and you’re wasting beer? Drink that stuff (if you are over 21 of course)! Now, we’re not saying we can’t have a little fun and we know we walk a fine like at CCC races during the Cat 4/5 races, but everyone should respect all riders during all races. See those guys and gals in the Cat 1/2/3 races with the wicked expensive bikes, shiny legs, with nothing by concentration and a look of determination on their face while going supah fast? Yeah, we can pretty much guarantee they aren’t interested in a Twinkie handup or a dollar bill sticking out of the front of your jeans. However, the rider in the Cat 4/5 race dressed in a costume… on a mountain bike… with a huge smile on their face and a bottle of Malort in their back pocket asking if you want a Twizzler wrapped in bacon… yeah, they might be a little more interested in the spectator participation aspect of CX. We’re pretty sure you all can tell the difference and nearly everyone at all CCC races over the past few years has done a great job of respecting that difference. We expect nothing less of the CCC family this season and hope you all will show the rest of the country how to properly spectate a CX race no matter who is on course and why the CCC is the best amateur CX series in the country.