– Thanks again to Chris Henning, Ted Berger, the entire Northbrook Garner Cycling Club and Flatlandia crews, and volunteers for anther great Melas CX Basin Racin’ event. We had unseasonably (but thankfully) warm temperatures and some rain to give the CCC it’s first sloppy race of the season. It was no surprise that experienced racers Emma Swartz (Wheel & Sprocket) and Joseph Maloney (KS Energy Service/Team Wisconsin) won the elite races. Sydney Guadliardo (Verdigris-Village CX) and Sarah Szefi (PSIMET Racing) rounded out the women’s podium with Swartz while Alexander Martin (Revolution Cycles) and Michael Dutczak (South Chicago Wheelmen) joined Maloney on the men’s podium. Full results are here and CCC Overall standings are here.
– The following weekend the CCC heads into the city of Chicago to finish up where is always does at Montrose Harbor at the 2014 Illinois Cyclocross Championships hosted by the Ten27 Cycling Club and Spidermonky Cycling. We’ll have more details next week but expect all the greatness you’ve come to know that happens at Montrose.
– Get your 2014 CCC Series t-shirts and beer coozies here.
– This year 10 of the 16 CCC Series Overall titles will be decided at Montrose. That’s more fields than any other in the past which just goes to show the level of competition you all have brought to the series this year. That’s not to take anything away from the 6 racers who have already locked up their series overall titles though. So please join us in congratulating the following:
– Masters 55+ – Gregory Anderson (Spin Doctor Cyclewerks CX Team)
– Masters 65+ – Albert Weigel (Verdigris-Village CX)
– Junior 15-18 Boys – Juan Gonzalez (Bloomington Cycle Racing Team)
– Women Cat 4 – Mary Randall (ROBOTS <3)
– Women Cat 3 – Kae Takeshita (Verdigris-Village CX)
– Cat 1/2/3 – David Reyes (Heritage Race Club)
– And finally… as we all pause to give thanks this coming Thursday and eat ourselves into collective food comas, the CCC would like to say we are especially thankful for a great many things… you the riders, our race promoters, USAC officials, First Aid medics, volunteers, press officers, race announcers, mechanics, parents, children, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, significant others, hecklers, and many, many more we know we are forgetting. But when you hear the words “anytime between now and the next 30 seconds” outside BestBuy at 4am on Friday morning… remember the CCC has 35 series sponsors that help to make our little weekend parties happen. Almost all of our series sponsors are local, many of whom are out there racing with us, including bike shop owners, wheel builders, mobile security manufacturers, clothing manufacturers, sunglass manufacturers, car dealerships, hydration/nutrition suppliers, lawyers, real estate brokers, personal trainers, coaches, IT consultants, automobile insurance agents, creative designers, and lest we forget photographers. So when you are thinking about purchasing gifts this coming holiday season or planning out personal/business expenses for 2015, please consider spending some of your hard earned cash dollars with these businesses. Happy Thanksgiving!!!