- Looks and sounds like the Big Marsh Black Friday and Region Riot Cross events were a success over the holiday weekend. Results can be found here and here.
- This coming weekend the CCC finishes up at Montrose Harbor in downtown Chicago on the lake front. The weather is forecast to be much more pleasant than last year, so come on out to watch, cheer, and celebrate the entire day. Online pre-reg on BikeReg closes Thursday evening. Look for the course preview at the normal time on Thursday.
- Note there is a new parking option/charge at Montrose for those that want to park up close. Look at the bottom of the BikeReg page.
- If you happen to be in Mol Belgium this Friday or Saturday make sure to check our Masters CX World Championships.
- Remember the cyclocross season is not over after this weekend though.
- The USAC Midwest Regional CX Championships are Saturday 12/9/17 in Sun Prairie, WI.
- Afterglow hosted by the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew has moved to Sunday December 17th and back to Douglas Park.
- USAC Cyclocross National Championships are in Reno, NV this season 1/9/18- 1/14/18. Remember next season CX Nationals moves back to December 2018.
- There are quite a few CX races in Europe in December and January, and then CX World Championships are in Valkenburg Limburg, Netherlands on 2/3/18 and 2/4/18.
- And finally… Sunday 12/17/17 at NOON we’re hosting the CCC Awards Party at EJ’s Place in Skokie. Buy your tickets here on BikeReg.
Category: Big Marsh
- Yet another mudder, this time with ice! Thanks to the Northbrook Garner Bicycle Club for warming us up with some hot CX racing action at Wheeling Heritage Park. And thanks to everyone who put on multiple layers to race and cheer on a cold and windy day. Results are all linked here.
- More great overall results, congrats to Karson Glass (Single Speed Men) Katie Isermann (Women Cat 1/2) and Cole House (Men Cat 1/2/3) for sewing up their respective overall titles this past weekend. Only 1 race left and many categories are still only separated by a few points! The leaders of the Masters 45+, Junior 15/18’s, Women Cat 3’s and Men Cat 4’s are separated by less than 10 points!
- Next weekend the CCC finished up at Montrose Harbor in downtown Chicago on the lake front for the 11th and final stop of the series. As we ask every year, come on out and watch, cheer, etc the entire day. Spend some time with your fellow pedal bikers before we all hibernate for the winter. Online pre-reg closes next Thursday evening. Look for the course preview at the normal time on that morning.
- If you’re looking to keep your CX skills sharp this weekend, Friends of Big Marsh is hosting the second annual Black Friday CX Race @ Big Marsh Park this Friday November 24th. Donate a bag of non-perishable food items, and receive priority staging. All proceeds from the event will go towards future development of the park. Check out the Facebook event page for details & updates.
- Then 2 days later Region Racing is hosting Region Riot Cross just over the IN border on Sunday November 26th. Details and online pre-reg are on USAC here.
- Afterglow hosted by the Chicago Cuttin’ Crew is moving to Sunday December 17th and back to Douglas Park. Need more details? Just ask someone on the Cuttin’ Crew. This event is super chill(y) but so fun.
- Sunday afternoon December 17th we’re hosting the CCC Awards Party at EJ’s Place in Skokie. Details and tickets for the PARTY (its not a banquet) will be available soon.
- And finally… this weekend the CCC takes a break so we can all fill up on turkey, mashed taters, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry, pumpkin pie, and all the works. Or for those of you looking for a State Champ podium, maybe just twigs and berries. Either way, enjoy this much earned time off with your family and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
- We hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. The weather is finally getting better and road racing is in full swing, so… time to talk CX, right?
- First up, no changes to the event schedule. The CCC series is again (tentatively) 11 events. All tentative dates are updated here on the CCC schedule page.
- Caldwell Woods hosted by xXx Racing is back as the first race, hopefully no floods this year.
- The Carpentersville event will again be at the Woodland Elementary School.
- The Indian Lakes Resort (ILR) shut down last year, but the South Chicago Wheelmen (SCW) have secured a 2 day venue at Pheasant Run Resort (#PRR?) not far from ILR.
Special Thursday Edition!
This summer, in conjunction with Friends of Big Marsh, SRAM is hosting a series of 4 Short Track races at Big Marsh. on June 1, 15, 29, and July 13. The first race is next Thursday! The intent of these races – aside from having a bunch of fun – is to get people down to Big Marsh and racing on the site and ultimately start feeling out what a cyclocross event would look like at the park. These short track events can be raced on a mountain bike or a cross bike. See the flyer below.